throttle body woes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beeandgee2477

i got a b20b with a b16 head with gsr cams and a 93 jdm b16,,,it ran fine until yesterday when it started idling high like 2000,,,no vac leak and no check engine ,,i messed with the idle air screw to turn it all the way in to turn the idle down but still no,,,i adjusted the idle screw when it ran fine it was a full turn and a half from the bottom ,,now its is all the way down,,and the idle it still 18-1900,,,is it possible the tps sensor is bad or malfunctioning with out a check engine light,,the idle screw stop was messed with by the previous own and is not against the stop,,is it possible it went too far and now damaged the tps sensor,,,,anyone got one for sale ,,b16 or type-r

thanks for any replies or similar happenings

t p s+

most likely ur tps is malfunctioning your better off buying a new or used one or just test the one you have now

check the fast idle thermo valve. It's located on the bottom of the TB. There's a metal cover on one side. Remove the cover, and there is a threaded plastic piece that most likely worked it's way loose. Screw it back into the housing, reassemble everything, and see it it's fixed.

Back