throttle cable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nightkid921

I have a 1990 honda civic and I cannot seem to find a throttle cable anywhere for it. The problem I have with the car now is when I drive for a long distance the throttle cable gets stuck and revs to 2000. When this happens I just have to pull the pedal out with my foot and then it settles down. Do I need a new throttle cable and would this fix the problem?

if it is not the throtlebody, yea it will fix it. if it is the cable pull it out pour some chain oil in it and move it in and out untill it moves free. if it dosen't help pull the throtle body off then clean and lube it.

Thanks Ill look into the throttle body. Im going on vacation so ill let you know how it goes.

I once had an issue where one of the snap in clips the throttle cable casing secures to along the route was pinching the casing causing the throttle cable to stick. At first it felt like someone spilled pop on it. But after freeing it of the clip (the one above the brake booster on my 2000), it moved smoothly.

hope that can help

Back