Throttle Cable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whitextreme

I need to know if the throttle cable out of a 92 civic dx will need to be changed when going to a 95 GSR motor. Thanks.

Jim

I think u have to change over to a gsr one, tho im using my 93 si cable to the b16 im running might be able to run with the dx one. If im not mistaken my buddy used his vx one to his jdm motor. It should work, if not the cable at the dealer is only 18.99

:ph34r: depends on how you want it to look when you are done
if you want the nice clean look get a throttle cable for any 94 up teg and it will fit
right to the intake manifold because the integras use a cable with more cable on the end sticking out of the sleeve and the civics use less cable sticking out
thus you will have to custom make a braket to extend the mounting point of the throttle cable on the intake manifold

Dont need to make an bracket for it. Use the stock one. There's two holes for the two bolts that mount it. Move it over to the left one and use one bolt to hold it down instead of 2. I did that on mine. Works fine.

:spin: you could end up with problems if you move your bracket over and useone bolt i have tried that and it still was not long enough plus then your bracket will swivel over time and that will create problems
also if you streched your cable over like you said you will not have enough slack in the cable and you could end up with a high idle problem
you need the cable to have about 1/4 inch slack

just get the right cable and be done with it

its $20 (or free if you have a junkyard that lets you go in the yard yourself)

stealing is such an ugly word ..... i like to call it labor fees

i have to go out in the yard
wander around looking for the right car
find one that still has the part i need in good working order
then take the part off myself

now factor in the weather... it might be hot as hell and dusty out, it might be cold out, it might be raining and muddy out... this adds to my "labor fees" now i might have to grab a few spare parts or maybe get some shit that friends need for their cars

they do no work at all, so F them :)

Ya, usually if they wont get it for you or dont tell you where it is, they dont care and have no use for it.
BTW, junkyards are a great source of free honda ecu pins!

I'm using the stock cable from my LX on my b16 and using an "adapter" plate made out of a piece of steel stock... no problems with idle or anything like that

get the right cable..dont nigger rig it. i ghetto rigged mine to find out when i floored it, the cable comes off... $20@honda

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Nov 10 2003, 03:39 AM
get the right cable..dont nigger rig it. i ghetto rigged mine to find out when i floored it, the cable comes off... $20@honda

My gsr swap came with a GSR cable. I just wanted to see if the stock VX cable fit. It fit fine and worked perfectly. The only reason I switched it out for the GSR cable is because it fit into the GSR firewall mounting bracket better.

fabd120b.jpg

Back