throttle cable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i was wondering about the cable because i am doing a b series into a 97 civic lx the throttle body is under the air box on my set up and i was wondering if the cable is long enough to fit on my b16 TB let me know thank you

it should be. i dont understand what you mean by the airbox being over the throttle body, usually is behind that right front headlight.

on my lx is funny the air box is by the headlight yes but the part with the air filter or where the filter should be and the throttle body is under it and the cable is connected to it so that is why i was wondering if it long enough

The Civic LX had a funny lookin' intake system... more like 2 air boxes than one... the filter is in a box on top of the TB and there's a box down behind the headlight...

Strange. Anyway, yes.

yeah i know it is funny but i want to know if the cable will fit on the b series TB from the D series TB if, if not what do i need to do?

i think the D series cable is longer than the b series one.. but it will fit.. juss zip tie it down.. where you from..?? do you have the b or d cable..??

The D Series cable is crazy long and will be long enough x2 lol. I had to rig something up down by the pedal for a day or two till acura delivered my GSR cable the other day. Either fab up a bracket or buy the correct cable.

Originally posted by zm_dawg@Jul 15 2004, 02:45 AM
The D Series cable is crazy long and will be long enough x2 lol. I had to rig something up down by the pedal for a day or two till acura delivered my GSR cable the other day. Either fab up a bracket or buy the correct cable.

i did the same thing by the gas pedal.. had to extend tha bitch.. lol.. works..

ok thanks guys for the help but now someone who has never done it is it hard to change the cable?

Back