Throttle position sensor help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97hondab20

i have a 2000 B20z in my 97 ek. when i barely press on the gas as if im coasting or trying to maintain a speed the cars starts bucking as if im taking my foot off the gas and putting it back on in the same place. im thinkin it might be the throttle position sensor but if you guys have any other ideas it will be greatly appreciated also the idle jumps around ill be at about a grand and it will jump to 1500 and back down again... an help would be greatly appreciated

The same thing would happen in my Prelude. It wasn't an engine issue, more like tired or weak motor mounts.

I never looked into it because I knew not to do what you are talking about.

If you think it is the TPS, perhaps you should test it to see if it is within spec.

Regards,

Dave

i have a 2000 B20z in my 97 ek. when i barely press on the gas as if im coasting or trying to maintain a speed the cars starts bucking as if im taking my foot off the gas and putting it back on in the same place. im thinkin it might be the throttle position sensor but if you guys have any other ideas it will be greatly appreciated also the idle jumps around ill be at about a grand and it will jump to 1500 and back down again... an help would be greatly appreciated

It is probably the fast idle valve. It will have a little metal plate on it with two screws. Remove the plate and you will see a little plunger looking thing. Tighten it all the way clockwise and reinstall the plate. Problem solved. Best of luck!

It is probably the fast idle valve. It will have a little metal plate on it with two screws. Remove the plate and you will see a little plunger looking thing. Tighten it all the way clockwise and reinstall the plate. Problem solved. Best of luck!

In my case the FITV caused a very very high idle (about 2900 RPM cold). When that happened, I don't recall what he described happening. Definitely worth checking out...kind of like preventive maintenance.

If it has an OBD2 throttle body....there is no FITV

OP hasn't been back. We dont know if theres any CEL or not.

If it the TPS....the volts need to be checked with key on car off at TB closed and WOT

Back