1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throttle Position Sensor Interchangability

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by BryanPendleton, Jan 26, 2004.

1. BryanPendleton

BryanPendleton Junior Member

It seems most of the Honda TPS sensors are identical at least gemetrically, meaning they will mount up fine, but are all the "calibrations" the say.

I have a D16 TPS, I am looking to swap out the bust B16 TPS I have. Anyone see any concerns?

2. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

When i got my swap from HOMOmotorsonline.com, it had a busted TPS - now im using my D16Z6 TPS with my B16 and i have no probs at all.

3. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

my concern is you talking like a damn 5 year old. :emofo:

It took me like 5 minutes to understand your post

4. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

chill the fuck out, i was able to understand him, i think he misspelled one word.

to answer your question you should be fine. the TPS's can be recalibrated and i can't remember off the top of my head the voltages for closed throttle and WOT. I do have those numbers in my helms and can post them later tonight if you need.

5. BryanPendleton

BryanPendleton Junior Member

Well, I may not know who's recommendations to trust on this board, but I certainly know who's recommendations to IGNORE.

6. lostsol

lostsol Junior Member

my buddy got a b16 from raceup.com we live in FL so we picked it up, the TPS was busted, so we used the one from his d15. then we needed the d15 for a car so we took one from the junkyard out of a old beater accord, both cars run fine.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted