Throttle Position Sensor question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondarin

Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer.
VIP
Okay, I have 92 Accord EX with a JDM H22A swapped into it. I'm having an intermittent studdering/bogging down/occasionally dying at a stop problem. I'm pretty sure it's my tps, because i adjusted it, and the problem lessened a little, but it's still there, and yesterday, i couldn't even get my car out of the driveway(the road is at least a foot higher than the driveway, so there's a slope). I even tried taking my cat off to make sure it wasn't clogging up or melting down or whatever. Anyway, the throttle position sensor comes off of the throttle body on jdm h22's, but I called O'Reilly's and they didn't even have a listing for the tps.

My question is, has anyone else with an H22A replaced their tps? If so, where did you get it? Or, can anyone link me to some more in depth explanation on adjusting it?

Thanks in advance.

ebay is about it. if you want a tps for an h22 you have to buy the whole throttle body.

yeah, that's kinda what I thought. I'm about to call hmotors and tell them they need to send me a new throttle body. They guarantee all sensors to be not broken and in working condition. I already had to replace the knock sensor. So, I'll just have to call them and talk to them about it.

well, i'm still trying to rule out all other possibilities, and i think my fuel pump might be on its way out. also, my brake booster is leaking, because i unhooked the line from the intake manifold, and put a plug and some tape around it, and took my car for a drive. it drove a lot better, but it still had an almost dying moment when i was cruising around 55.

so, where's a good place to get a walbro 255 for cheap? i already know that o'reilly's and autozone don't carry walbros, and o'reilly's wants 145 bucks for a stock replacement. any ideas would be appreciated, but i don't have an ebay account....

thanks.

Back