Throttle Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
This is an ongoing problem I have been having for awhile:

After sitting for a few days, my throttle gets stuck closed. When I press the pedal, I get alot of resistance, and its like I have to "break" the butterfly valve open to rev the car. Once I "break" it open, the throttle works relatively fine, but still feels a little sticky after I let off the gas. I know that the problem isn't in the throttle cable but in the throttle itself. I lubricated the inside and outside of the throttle body, but am still having the same repeating problem. Any ideas?

are you sure its the trottle body, have you tried doing it with your hand after a few days to make sure. because it could be you peddle

Oh yeah, it prolly doesn't matter but the motor is a jdm gsr obd1 swapped in about 10 months ago.

positive its the throttle body... the throttle is very hard to turn by hand... its like the throttle has to pop free. The range of motion is fine except when the throttle is closed, and I try to open it.

check to make sure both screws are in the plate that closes the trottle, it sounds like it is hitting metal/ rubbing the inside

Back