1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throttle Sticking

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by realm730, Jul 10, 2003.

1. realm730

realm730 Junior Member

I have a B16A SiR II and my throttle sticks really bad sometimes. When I jump in my car and start it up usually, I'll hit the gas and the pedal is real hard then after a little pressure the throttle gives way. Any solutions to this problem?

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

could need a new throttle cable

try moving the wheel that the throttle cable attatches to on the throttle body by hand... if it moves freely there then i would say its most likely the cable... or the hinge on your gas pedal might be all caked up with shit... take a look at that too

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

You may also want to check your throttle plate, and the area on the throttle body where the plate closes. Mine was REAL gunked up once with oil and other stuff, and my throttle was sticking because of it. I took the TB off, cleaned it real nice, and it took care of my problem.

4. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

Mine was doing the same thing... i hit it with some WD40 on the spring on the throtle body and just worked it in. Hasnt done it sinse then!

5. realm730

realm730 Junior Member

cool thanks guys

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted