Throttlebody$$$$

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

itc007

Hello,

I may have a bad throttle positioning sensor <_< Problem is the TPS is not a piece by itself, therefore I have to buy a new throttle body, This will cost about $500 :blink: through Majestic Honda.
First how can I tell if it is bad or not?
Second any alternatives?
Thanks in advance!

Devin
ITC civic

Which throttle body do you have? As far as I know, most Honda TPS's are removable, separate from the throttle body. If you indeed cannot remove the TPS, I highly doubt you'd have to pay $500 for a new throttle body. Shop around for a used one, I'm sure you could find one for $100-200.

TPS sensor is removeable. It may look riveted in but it is not. If you put a notch in it with a dremel you can unscrew them with a flathead screwdriver.

I have a 1991 3dr 1.5 4speed trans. I race the car in ITC class (SCCA)
brand new just under 500 dollars!
I thought if I was going to spend that kinda money i would buy a whole car, however I wouldnt know If that was good or bad.
Thanks again.

Devin
ITC civic

I can switch it otu, great.
However I still need to buy a new TPS, but they only come in the throttle body!

Originally posted by formby@Sep 8 2005, 12:38 PM
or at the junk yard
[post=551539]Quoted post[/post]​

ebay....$35 bucks

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 8 2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah, ebay or a junk yard. I did a write up on this. I don't know why pissedoffsol didn't put it in the tech section, but whatever...

-----> cLiCkY for TPS removal, installation and callibration <-----
[post=551577]Quoted post[/post]​

Nice write up :D
Pardon my ignorance, how does the voltage vary from reassemblying the TPS?
Here is my issue.
My car runs real rich, ( I had it on a dyno this morning) We think the TPS might be the problem. Any way to tell before I tear it all up?

I have a CRX HF throttle body. If its the right size I'll let you have it for cheap!

So your car is running rich so you are blaming it on your tps? There are many other things that could cause this. What is your setup? ie car, engine, ecu, etc.

Originally posted by 97CTR@Sep 8 2005, 09:21 PM
So your car is running rich so you are blaming it on your tps? There are many other things that could cause this. What is your setup? ie car, engine, ecu, etc.
[post=551677]Quoted post[/post]​

Stock set up, I have not changed the ECU, or minipulated it in any way. I run in the ITC group and it allows very little mods. I have a header on it and the exhaust has a cherry bomb, That is about the extent of it. I will invest in Hondata soon but as per GCR ( general compitition rules) I can not change the ECU unless it is done all internally.

dude I have all kinds of TPS's. what engine do you need it for?

Originally posted by 97CTR@Sep 9 2005, 09:13 AM
You may want to look into your O2 sensor too
[post=551852]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a plain ol civic 3dr standard 1.5 4 speed car

I mixed that up, sorry. it is a 1991 btw.

I will be switching the o2 sens at the next race next weekend.

Back