Throw out bearing question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when the clutch is out it makes alot of noise like rocks in the tranny when i push the clutch in it goes away!what would be the problem????I thought maybe the throw out bearing..it goes into and out of gear very nicely

more or less the sound of the input shaft spinning in neutral. i've noticed this as well. i'd say it's common. was there before, and after my clutch swap, and the throwout bearing was replaced.

i think the release fork on the counteshaft is done
i dunno get a used one ;) if $$ is applicable

nope, that's just how it is. unless your getting grinds going into gear, your transmission is fine. the release fork only pushes the throwout bearing against the pressure plate, causing it to release. both the release fork and pressure plate use a fulcrom pivoting action.

check pilot bearing by removing flywheel and check for smooth traveling and use lithium grease to lube the release bearing guides for smooth releasing and smoother shifting good luck;)

bad outcome

i replaced the throw out bearing and the pilot bearing was good ..installed the tranny again the noise of marbles in the tranny was still there i think the tranny is bad.I put a new throw out bearing in and the pilot bearing was good..what else could it be?...The tranny fluid is full

i'm still telling you. that's a normal sound. i replaced the throwout and pilot bearings when i did my clutch swap 900 miles ago...

my cable tranny makes the same noise. my tech told me it was fine.... but i do hate the sound

Back