Throwing a CEL help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

I have a 97 ITR motor. In a 92 SI EG.

I just bought a ECU from phearable.net now im getting a CEL. It is 22 so it is VTEC OIL PRESS.

Now when i was running my OBDII P73 It had no CEL why would that be? What can be causing this to happen?

I am thinking of taping the VTEC press wire. with the VTEC sensor wire, but where is the VTEC press wire located.

Would i tap in the VTS and run a wire to the Civic ECU harness?

Is this even a good option?

well it would give it sensor input and i think i heard of someone doing something similar...

I should probably stick to prelude/h22 questions.

have john burn you a new chip with the sensor disabled. its the best way to do it. no wiring involved.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 23 2005, 10:43 PM
have john burn you a new chip with the sensor disabled. its the best way to do it. no wiring involved.
[post=559711]Quoted post[/post]​

I will prob. try that, I will email him. I really dont want to worry about paying for shiping, and the paper i got with the ecu said "Phearable.net does not accept returns."

I do have a Hondata system so I could disable it that way, but I dont have the option of doing dataloging my self, I was going to have a shop tune me so I didnt get the option. I dont want to go to a shop just for this, I'm saving money for dyno time and proper tune. but i dont want to wait for a month to use this ecu.

Back to the wiring if I just tap the VTEC press wire (mine has one wire) down to the sensor below (if that is the press. sensor) would that do the trick.

I found this by doing a search. so im guessing that is were the press wire can be loccated at.
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...topic=50364&hl=

Originally posted by 97CTR+Sep 24 2005, 05:05 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 24 2005, 01:43 AM
have john burn you a new chip with the sensor disabled.  its the best way to do it.  no wiring involved.
[post=559711]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

And if you have hondata its as easy as clicking on a box. You just need a chip burner to make new chip. I wouldn't be worried about shipping on a new chip from phearable either, its like 5 bux.

I dont have the option of doing anything with my s200 system, every thing has to be done by a dealer :( , I just got the base system for 200 bucks, it had no chiping kit that is why I had Vega do it. I wish i paid the extra to do my own base maps :unsure:

I think im just going to tap it. Now is the press sensor directly under the VTEC sensor green plug on the side of the block(dizzy side) on my B18C? I see two wires (rd/wt, grn,blk) on the bottom plug im guessing one is the ground. So is this the correct place where I'm going to tap it?

Or should I tap the VTEC sensor and feed the wire to my civic harness, for the correct pin on my ecu, so it sees Volts?

If this is doesnt work for me, I will just wait a month try to get some cams and dyno time and have some one tune it for me, and disable the switch for me.

ask him to email you the bin file... shouldn't be a problem.
i have hondata and can re-burn you the map with that disabled for 15 bucks if he won't do it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 24 2005, 10:44 PM
ask him to email you the bin file... shouldn't be a problem.
i have hondata and can re-burn you the map with that disabled for 15 bucks if he won't do it.
[post=559982]Quoted post[/post]​

I e-mailed him aking for a new chip, But if that does not work, you will burn me a new chip to install in the ecu?

I just wired it by combinding the D6 wire with the A4 wire. VTEC kicks in and feels like it stays in but I got a CEL. CEL does not come on until high rpms, even that it may take all the way to 4 gear and that is pulling to about 8K per gear. Tried to pull the code but just got one long blink, I dont think it is a Code ten witch is Air Intake temp.

What fuse do I pull in my 92 Civic (the diagram on the fuse box cam off) so i could reset the ecu.

i thought it was the dash and clock fuse under the hood. usually i just pull the negative battery cable.

Back