Throwing a code...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
Alright... I got a 97 civic with an OBD1 B16A. I'm running it off of my stock OBD2 ecu and I got a P0453 code. It's fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor circuit high voltage. :angry:

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Would it be easier to just get an OBD1 ecu and a jumper harness? The local shop told me not to cuzz I switched my water pump and oil pump to an OBD2 version out of the 99-00 Si. I did the swap myself with the advice of this shop, so... :huh:

Thanks! Any advice would be appriciated! :worthy:

what model is your civic and why are you not using the obd ecu get a convertion kit(i did that) and it works a little better the only code i am having is a code 14

Originally posted by scottp11@Oct 17 2004, 02:23 PM
Alright... I got a 97 civic with an OBD1 B16A. I'm running it off of my stock OBD2 ecu and I got a P0453 code. It's fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor circuit high voltage.  :angry:

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Would it be easier to just get an OBD1 ecu and  a jumper harness? The local shop told me not to cuzz I switched my water pump and oil pump to an OBD2 version out of the 99-00 Si. I did the swap myself with the advice of this shop, so... :huh:

[post=403715]Quoted post[/post]​

obd2 is way too sensitive...you could probably get rid of that code with a new gas cap...not positive tho

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Oct 20 2004, 12:37 AM-->
@Oct 17 2004, 02:23 PM
Alright... I got a 97 civic with an OBD1 B16A. I'm running it off of my stock OBD2 ecu and I got a P0453 code. It's fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor circuit high voltage. :angry:

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Would it be easier to just get an OBD1 ecu and a jumper harness? The local shop told me not to cuzz I switched my water pump and oil pump to an OBD2 version out of the 99-00 Si. I did the swap myself with the advice of this shop, so... :huh:

[post=403715]Quoted post[/post]​

obd2 is way too sensitive...you could probably get rid of that code with a new gas cap...not positive tho
[post=405040]Quoted post[/post]​

that is very true my dad had that problem with his suzuki and he did that and it was fine

Good idea, I'll try replacing my gas cap and see what happens. :rainfro:

What about the OBD2 ecu question. Should I get an OBD1 with a jumper harness? Remember, I put an OBD2 water & oil pump... Let me know what you think. Thanks!!! :worthy: :worthy:

you should use an obd1 ecu and the conversion harness. i also have an swap 0bd1 conversion on my 97 HB.

Yeah, did it clear all your check engine lights? Where did you get your conversion harness from? I seen some at "inlinefour.com" and some other places. Just wondering if you know any good places to get the harness and ECU. Thanks for your help! :worthy:

Alright, I changed my gas cap... Still got a check engine light. Still throwing the P0453 code... Fuel tank pressure sensor circuit high voltage. Someone please help....!!! I know OBD 2 sucks, but I haven't been able to afford a new ECU and jumper harness as of yet... I still want to fix the problem, cuzz even though the OBD 1 ECU won't detect it, my engine will still not be at it's best...

Thanks for any advice ya'll could give me!!! :worthy: :worthy:

OBDII water pump? Well they are full of shit, all B VTEC water pumps are the same. The oil pump may have a CYP sensor on it but if you use the right dizzy it won't matter. Just get an OBDI ECU and conversion harness.

Even with the OBD II modifications, (Oil pump, distributor, ECU...) will the OBD I ECU be affected? Will the OBD II oil pump (CYP sensor) work with the OBD I ECU? :shrug2: :shrug2:

Thanks for your help!!! :worthyp:

When you go OBD I you are gonna kick off a few extra sensors that were added to OBD II. Like the sensor that is on the oil pump, OBD I ecu wont look for it.

Any others that I should really know about? How about the "fuel tank pressure sensor high voltage...?" How do I fix this?!?

jdmshit.com has the cheapest conversion harness' i've seen. everything is plug and play, and yes, you're cyp sensor is still operational, the only main sensor you ditch is teh secondary o2 and the pussness of obd2.

Back