throwing codes 16 and 7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cointelpro

im throwing ecu codes 16 (fuel injector system) and 7 (throttle position sensor) on my 91 civic dx. the fuckin car seems to be running fine with maybe a little delay on the throttle which would explain code 7. should i just replace my injectors for code 16? where the fuck is my throttle position sensor? thanks in advance.

Fuel Injector system could be a very badly clogged fuel filter, check that first.

Your TPS is on the Throttle Body, not on top thats your MAP sensor, but facing the firewall.

fuckin a i just changed the when i bought the car. how long do those mofos last? and what should i do about the throttle position one?

i just went out and bought a chiltons so help a brother out.

the tps is gonna be on the throttlebody/carb stack(if you still have dpfi) its a black kind of oval looking i clicked a few pix sorry my camera sux. if its mpfi it will on the back of the throttlebody facing the firewall. now the fun part. they have breakaway bolts(the head breaks off when it meets the right tq.) why i guess cause honda likes for you to buy a new tb everytime i guess. ive heard a hack saw can get em off. the bolts that hold the big black plate on top(the one that says dual point) will hold it in(if you have a junk engine like me lol
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inb...1&id=4201583830
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inb...3&id=4201583825

the TPS could just be set wrong.. the ECU expects .5volts closed and 4.5v at WOT.

dremel the heads off the tps so you can adjust it much like a distributor and then use screws to put it back in.

oh god that tps is in a nice tight spot. fuck me. i checked my fuel injectors and they are good lookin, not even carbon build up. and im waiting for this guy i live with to get home and help me remove the fuel filter because its gay and torqued on like hell. boy am i glad my swap is almost ready to go in. i might just fuckin cancel my insurnace for a couple months and ride the bus to work and school instead of going through all this bullshit.

so if i put all this shit back together how long you guys think my car will run before dying or causing major damage to the point where it wont run anymore?

well, after 3x checking the fuel injectors and fuel filter they were fine, but i checked my fuel injector holders against the diagram in chiltons, and mine are fucked up and i put everything back together and started it up to find ive been leaking gas, no wonder my gas milage hasnt been what it used to be... im tired of fucking with this car i am canceling my insurance and gettin a fuckin buspass till my swap is done. on the bright side though, while i was seeing my gas spew out into the engine bay, i noticed my ecu codes went away!

Back