throwout bearing help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

Hey whats up guys, im on my next lill project, i bougth this crx adn the dood i bought it from had the clutch replaced but didnt do the bearing ( idiot) anyways im going to be replacing it myself in my driveway and was looking for any tips or help i could get to possibly make it easier, i have the haynes manual on it and it seems easy enough just time consuming, please let me know if theres anything i can do to make it easier on myself.
thanks for any help in advance

not that hard at all. Basically just remove anything that interfears with getting the tranny seperated from the block rear mount, tranny mount,axles, etc.. Don't need to pull the tranny out completely just enough to get in there and change the throwout bearing. Although it would be alot easier to remove it. You have a book just read it and go step by step. Its really the only way your going to learn is just go in and do it.

prepare to have a real good fight with the roll pin on the shift linkage and make sure you don't drop the gear from the speedo cable into the tranny.

yeah i got that freakin pin out, i battled it for 2 days, Do i really have to drop the exhaust just to take the trans out?? it seems like an uncesisary step in the process.

unbolt from which section to push it aside?? the frontmost one, under the main header?

ive done this many times and you don't have to drop the exhaust. and the speedo gear should not fall into the tranny.

Tip for putting the tranny back on:

Get the shaft lined up and pushed in there, and with one of your friends pusing the tranny in towards the block, rotate the crank from the other end of the motor with a socket. The splines will eventually line up and it'll slide right in.

:thumbsup:

Back