Thumping noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

hey guys i have a 93 SI wit a B18B swap in my ride. The other day i was about to park my car in my garage when i noticed a loud thumping noise coming from the engine. It makes this thumping/ticking sound when im idling, its starting to do this everytime i stop @ a light or idle anywhere. The sound is like something is hitting the hood of my car but i checked the hood and it has room...Sounds like its coming from the head of the engine. The sound is sync with the engine idling(tick tick tick) What could it be????

Thanks guys

Well if its a ticking sounds i could be that your valves are out of adjustment, but there are several ticking/knocking like sounds that could be coming from the engine. Its hard for us to answer without hearing the sounds for ourselves. I would have a shop take a look at it.

valve adjustment?
spun bearing?
fucked up valve?
hampster riot?

dude i had that sound right before me and my buddy where coming off the highway racing to the mall to pick up some hunnies. Yeah so we got off the exit and it was just about the wooorst noise ive ever heard.. spun bearing and f***** crank.. what fuun .. haha

Does it go away when you depress the clutch?
Trans case bearings?
Rod Knock?
Spark Knock?
Valve clatter?
Piston Slap?
When hot?
When cold?
How loud is the knock? Is it like "I'm doing your mom on the washing machine loud" or what? :D

lmao

lets diagnose the problem according to how loud it sounds when i'm banging your mom...

haha

Back