ticking fun

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MazdaAspec

/\ IDIOT ALERT /\
I have read the few threads I found on this topic but none really help on e bit. The ticking is coming from the head but not sure if it will hurt un hard driving conditions. The sound goes away when going up hills but returns when I level out or go down hill. There are many things I read like timing, bent valve, and other things. Will it be bad if I race it like that. OOOO one more Q, when I turn the key the fuel pump will not kick in at times. If it does it generally means it will start and be fine. Others it willl start but die right away, then when I try to start it again, my pump wont kick in and it will just sit there and turn and not start. The reason I threw the Q in there is it related to the ticking proble.

Thanks for the help.

The ticking sound. Check your valve lash, .3mm I believe, it says on your hood what it should be. The fuel pump problem. Either your main relay getting ready to take a dump or the fuel pump itself.

Last edited:
I am not gonna lie in this situation, but like I put under my name that I am a ricer as of now. I dont know much about but am learning so please dont yell. Valve lash? and will it be the same even with a motor swap in it. I am working my ass of to get this car running correctly and had it for only a year. Forgive my retardness.

Its Ok everyone is new to something. Yes the adjustments are the same for just about every Honda motor. Valve lash is the the amount of free movement between the rocker and the valve. 6th Gen (6G) Honda Civic D-Series Valve Lash Clearance Adjustment This site will give you some pics and a better understaning. Pick up a service manual for motor you have, it will become your best friend, and a feeler gauge if you dont have one. Its not a hard process, any mechanicaly inclined person can do it.

Last edited:
HA HA HA sorry I am laughing but this phrase "Its not a hard process, any mechanicaly inclined person can do it." you like to use it dont you. I read your other posts and you had there as well on a brake question. I know the rocker and the valve part so I will look into from there Thanks

Awesome site there. I have a feeler gauge and will have to do that.

Back