ticking in 1st gen b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91integrab16a

i recently bought a car and didnt notice anything wrong with it. then it started mildly ticking in the top end of the car. i got an oil change and it is just doing it worse. its kinda making me mad as i have to have a car to drive to and from school, but i dont want to ruin my engine in the process. car is scheduled to go in on monday for diagnostic tests but i dont have the cash to spend so any imput would be greatly appreciated!

i dont know how to adjust the valves...im a real noob when it comes to cars i dont know anything about the internals...especially honda/acura's (just got the car) what oil would u suggest to put in it? it got 5-30 blend in it at the oil place.

i run 5/40 summer and 10/40 in the winter.

all the b series engines ive owned have ticked. get them adjusted $20-$50 or free if you search and buy the tool [ forget the name of the thin metal slides{fuck}] they will still click...

also if you get the lucas aditive it makes the oil move and stay around all the internals specialy in head. it's the only one i would use if i had to as a last resort. adj first.

Back