ticking noise ls/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jam2506

In my ls/vtec is the ticking top end normal... i figured i need a valve adjustment to fix this, would this be a good solution..let me know guys

It's more than likely normal, and it's the valve lash that can be adjusted to calm the noise down somewhat, but all honda motors make that noise.

what head is it? 1st gen b16?

adjust your valves... if it's still loud enough to make a thread about, then replace your lma's.

LMA's hardly ever go bad.

Try adjusting your valves first. You can also be mistaking injector pulse for valve ticking. Adjust your valves, throw some fuel injection cleaner in your tank and go from there.

Quoted post[/post]]
LMA's hardly ever go bad.

Try adjusting your valves first. You can also be mistaking injector pulse for valve ticking. Adjust your valves, throw some fuel injection cleaner in your tank and go from there.

:werd: and :werd:

Quoted post[/post]]
ok thanks guys, what are lma's though???
Quoted post[/post]]
lost motion assemblies
Read article:
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47985

lma's go bad a lot more often on the 1st gen heads then on the later ones.

i had the same prob. on a 1st gen b16 head... ticked like a mofo... adjusted valves, swapped injectors, didn't change anything. replaced the lma's and i was golden.

Quoted post[/post]]
lma's go bad a lot more often on the 1st gen heads then on the later ones.

i had the same prob. on a 1st gen b16 head... ticked like a mofo... adjusted valves, swapped injectors, didn't change anything. replaced the lma's and i was golden.

i have a PR3-1 head is that a b16 1st gen or which gen..i was curious on that, also i know its the injectors there ticking really loud now when i open the hood n crack the throttle i can hear them distinctively, i am gonna probably go with RC engineering 310cc injectors but i have no idea where to get the obd2 plug adapters, which im not sure if i need bc i am runnign a p73 itr ecu obd2, but my intake manifold is a p30 from a b16 if you guys could clear this up this would be great?

Back