Tighen up your E-brake cables....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They need 6 more people to register to cover the costs for the EMT's, or the event isn't happening...

And so far 15-20 people are in or signed up...so 20 cars or 20 people and 13 cars...they don't care...just as long as the people are reg'ed...the event will happen...they don't care if more than 2 drivers per car...just as long as the track, insurance, and EMT's get paid for...then it's on.

20 cars on a track that big, all day....just look at the amount of seat time you'll get....and with the weather still in the 70's this week...I'm sure it souldn't be super cold on that day...I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

And who wants to be on my pit crew...I can have 6 people now..

ahh well...you'll be missed out there...

But the ....

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">EVENT IS DEFINATE NOW!!!!!!1!!!!!one!!</span>

It's ON...I'm HAppy as hell.... :laugh:

But they would like to get 3 more people signed up at least.... :wink:

Weather looks good...a little chilly...but sunny...

And more people reg'ed...even Hampshaaaa

And I still haven't got the Z in the Garage yet....my body shut down today and I overslept... :mad:
and the other 2 Z's haven't showed up yet... :cry:

I still have about 5 pit crew openings...

Tommorrow...is bust ass day...

Wash Z, bring into garage, drop tranny, remove flywheel, get new flywheel bolts or just drill the old ones and safety wire them and use locktite and put back together, install the bump steer spacers, adjust and bleed the brakes, and test drive...then get tools ready and load up the Z...then clean out the civic, and get all the tires and crap loaded....and take the wife to walmart for more groceries..

park both in the garage, do some finishing touches and hope I have all my bases covered...if the other Z gets up here....then bust ass on it thursday and friday...but it doesn't look like it will be ready.

And Steve...I'll drive by your house in the morning and grab the torque wrench...

You're going to drop the trans, replace the bolts, and make it to drift the next morning on no sleep, food or anything ? And a trip to Walmart in there for good measure ?

Yeah. ok. I thought you already replaced those bolts ?

Did the tranny yesterday... :) Test drove it, ran sweet, it needs a good warmup with the timing set the ways it's set...but after it warms up...it just purrs..

got the bump steer spacers installed finally as well...right now I'm bleeding the brakes, and slap the wheels back on. Then I'll drive it down to the the corner and get some gas in it....and then start loading the stuff up and get ready for the sweet day that tommorrow will be....and if it breaks down...I got AAA plus....hehe...

some drilling to the old flywheel bolts....perfect holes....and some safetywire...slapped the flywheel on and treated it like an aircraft...properly torqued, and safetied....hehe...

DSC00989.JPG

DSC00994.JPG

The track was perfect...and we have it for next year for sure...the owner was loving the turnout we had...I have absolutly no complaints on the track...at all. Plenty of room to whip it out and have room for mistakes. The owner is thinking about paving the strips near the infeild to facilitate drifting over the winter...so next year we will have a place to break shit...

And I am the shit breaker...Glad I had AAA plus... :)

The Z had a conrod pop out from the block...an almost perfect hole....

And the Civic is dead....it went up there as a transport/parts hauler....and it saw the track 3 times...and then some rod knock developed...so I shut it down.

Both cars got towed home....

Back to driving the subaru for a while.... :cool:

Also...Hampshaaaaa was ripping that track up like it was built for drift events....God that kid is good. And Falken Tires picked him up for next year...it's about time.

I feel bad for Walter...he went up there and only got one lap around the track in the civic....But next year he gets a free event entry, and I get a few free events as well... :)

Back