Time for a upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Hey Guys,

I have a 97 B18C.. need to do a upgrade on my clutch now. I was wondering what kind of clutch and brand name i should be looking @. I dont really have plans for a turbo... im just a daily driver and some weekends Auto X... What do you think i should be looking for? Clutch name brand? pounds? Flywheel? lighten? why it lighten better? Could you give me a hand on selecting a clutch for my ride???? Budget is pretty high... around $650ish

Thanks guys,

JAZZY

If you arn't pushing rediuclous #'s, theres no reason to spend anywhere near $650 for a clutch. I am very happy with my Exedy Organic Street Disk. It cost about $300. You should also check out ACT and Clutchmasters. YOu probably don't want a pucked disk, because it will not offer any real advantages and will make city driving a lot harder. You could also go with a 12lb flywheel, that'll lighten it up quite a bit, but won't make street driving a pain in the ass. I've heard that the 8lb flywheels can be a bitch to daily drive.

excedy....find clutch city on ebay stores...he has great combo pricing...great service all you need is a Stg I/ slight upgrade from street

i bought an exedy organic face clutch and fidanza lightweight flywheel from gripforce off of ebay for $429 shipped. the clutch is awesome. very smooth engagement and feels like a stock clutch but grabs hard when needed. the flywheel also helped the quickness of my revs. these two upgrades allowed me to pick up 3 tenths in the 1/8th and almost 2 miles an hour.

the flywheel doesn't make it hard to drive. you get used to it quick. definately worth it.

you probably don't even need an upgrade.

I have an 8lb flywheel on the LST and its easy as hell to drive on the street, it takes a little more revving to get it going but it's nothing difficult.

I have an Exedy as well.

Thanks guys i think im gonna go with exed...I heard good things about them... I'll report back when i get them shipped and put on!!!!

Yip, Exedy gets a thumbsup for sure. I have their street clutch, basically just an OEM replacement that holds a little more. Stiff pedal feels nice, and it has held up to three years of abuse very well.

Back