1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time for the decision

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by grlsk8co, Aug 27, 2007.

1. grlsk8co

grlsk8co rice-R-oni

well my motor is getting to the point where it has 157k on it -__-. the thing is still running strong but giving the normal wear that you see on an more used motor..so i had to start asking questions on how to fix this problem. so i need some help =)
    1. the motor is stock
    2. its an automagik
    3. i feel the need for VTEC :wub:
    4. for the sake of this ill say i am going to turbo it.
    5. and again for the sake if it ill say i must keep the car

so with this knowledge what do you think i should do. I REALLY REALLY REALLY would like to keep it to a good budget. ive been looking at full engine swaps with trans and everything ready to go..but thats expensive, and in the long run, if i decided to build a motor from scratch, i would know it can handle the boost. but that would also be pricy...if i threw a B16 head on it...what should i do to the block to make it like new?
    thanks

2. grlsk8co

grlsk8co rice-R-oni

o sorry...was late last night ^_^ ....ugh i have a B18B1. and a good budget is give or take 3k.

3. grlsk8co

grlsk8co rice-R-oni

powerwise..im not to sure...i dont really know the specs of an integra yet, and i dont really know whats easily attainable and whats not...I suppose since the ITR is 200hp stock maybe something around there...like i said I probably will boost it later..but for the time being id like to have an idea to back me up if and when my motor bites the dust... also...does anybody have a reliable website they have bought a engine from? Im all the way in hawaii so the chances of finding 1 are slim....sure wish somebody could hook it up with the shipping too:D *hint hint*

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted