1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time is sliping

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by IRuffPuppee, Dec 1, 2003.

1. IRuffPuppee

IRuffPuppee Member

Donw with the dohc zc swap into a 90 crx si. Got the engine started.... One problem!!! :doh: the timing belt tends to slip out to the edge of the cam gears. How can i fix this problem.

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

Is it a new timimg belt, if it's not get a new one

3. IRuffPuppee

IRuffPuppee Member

Yeah i was thinking of that but is there any other solutions? can it be the crank pulley??? note* its from a 89 civic.

4. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

there is a wierd looking washer that should be between the gear on the crank that the timing belt rides on, and the crank pulley.

it keeps the belt from walking, and should fix your problem, if it was left out..

5. 87B16CRX

87B16CRX Member

or its just a bad belt..... :roll:

6. IRuffPuppee

IRuffPuppee Member

yup it was that washewr thingy alright.... i test drove it. Extremely poor performance. ecu shooting a code 9 still no.1 piston postion. When i drove the car it seems to lose power around 3000 to 4000 rpm. or it just seems like its choking on something. its also drinking gas like water.

7. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

Have the timing set with a new water pump. Also have all wiring and ECU looked over by a mechanic. Mine was running the same way with code 9, but once I had the timing set the idle got better. Now I'm Looking for another ECU 'cause the one I bought (PM7) from Hmotors is fried.
    ~timE

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted