Time to consider... (Official Carolina thread)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I never really was bothered by the CT Weather. It's not fun to work out in the snow, but it's ok. The summers here are way too hot. I would do well in Alaska

The summers here are way too hot.
Spend a hot summer day here in South Florida. I'm extremely close to the beaches and on the other side of me is a massive lake, Lake Okeechobee. People drop from heatstrokes here left and right. Hell, if you're thirsty, just take a few deep breathes and you'll consume a gallon of water in approximately 2 minutes =P

yeah, well Celerity's ass isn't going to FLA during the summer either. I was there this fall (Just before you signed up) and thought it was quite pleasant.

i have a good friend who lives in charlotte, shes absolutely loves it. She says the weather is great, compared to NH. Little humidity, not ball sack shriviling cold winters, although it does get mighty hot in the summer but w/o the 3000% humidity we get. Its a fairly young city too, its an up and comer (or so ive been told) soits not plauged with the elderly like Miami.

i cant really tell you about prices and shit like that, but i figured somethin is better than nothin :p

Charlotte is young, but as I posted earlier that town is FULL of ugly people.

I Was the hottest shit to go down in that town when I was there. And that's pretty sad, because in CT I'm often asked "Who let you out of the bell tower" and CT isn't pretty to begin with.

yeah, well Celerity's ass isn't going to FLA during the summer either. I was there this fall (Just before you signed up) and thought it was quite pleasant.
The weather here is beautiful except for when death is approaching you in the form of heat. What part of FL were you in?
my grandparents had a place there about 10 years ago
some fast little lizards running around there
I've caught an iguana myself in the keys. They're bigger there =P

I love the Anoles. Makes life more interesting. Here I get all excited when I see a deer.
Deer here are the size of an average Mastiff =P. All of you northerners are lucky that you have big game everywhere.

Colorad has big game. And northern states. NY Has buffalo on the highways, and NH / VT / ME have Moose which can shut down an interstate all day long. CT deer are slightly larger, but overall nothing too large. Colorado has 1000+ herds of antelope or whatever that are known to kill people and turn over semis.

I was in Orlando, met up with Formby.

Colorad has big game. And northern states. NY Has buffalo on the highways, and NH / VT / ME have Moose which can shut down an interstate all day long. CT deer are slightly larger, but overall nothing too large. Colorado has 1000+ herds of antelope or whatever that are known to kill people and turn over semis.

I was in Orlando, met up with Formby.

Rub it in ='(. Oh yeah? Well I go get a gator once a month or so. How often do you northerners get some fresh, home cooked gator tail? =P I missed out on the last hunting trip, but I still have a shit ton of meat from the two 8 points my friends brought back from Ohio.

Orlando? Ewwww.

Orlando was god's waiting room, totally. Orlando is like an open air condo - it's livable but completely devoid of personality or merit. It's neutral and guaranteed not to offend anyone. They do no one thing perfect, but a bunch of things "Well". I went for "Authentic New York Pizza" and was heavily disappointed. But Perkins always comes through.

I was in Orlando because it was free. Next year, I'll go down and rent a little place near the beach at that pier place. I forget the name of it. South of Canaveral.

Cocoa Beach = hot women central. That place is absolutely ridiculous. I used to go there every other weekend to skate and chill on the beaches. Would also hang out at Ron Jon's Surf Shop for a while. Also, if hot chicks make you say "I don't swim" to yourself, there is something wrong with you =P.

yeah well she's gotta be pretty hot before I'll dive into 5 foot waves in the ocean not knowing how to swim.

Hey baby ... You know CP GURGLEGURGLE

Hahahahahahaha! I just chortled water through my nose and had my boss call me a tard(again) hahaha. My timing to read that couldn't have been more perfect. An a more honest note, you could just go in the water and latch onto a hot chick and just yell "I can't swim!". The sincerity in your voice may convince them =P. Or some sweet swimmies that you could draw on them to make 'em look like muscles. "The beach is that way." lol, just poking fun, not trying to be a douche. I don't even go in the water half the time I go to the beach anyhow. I like playing football and flirting with high school girls =)

Last edited:
I'll give my opinion, coming from someone who moved to NC from another state. I'm from Buffalo my fiance is from Rochester, both are in NY. I had a decent job in Buffalo before I moved.

We wanted to move for a few reasons:
1. Something different.
2. Good environment (ie clean cities, everything new, built up)
3. Warmer climate.

Pros:
-It is warmer. Just warm enough not to snow. :)
-Lots more jobs.
-Towns around the cities are built up, some are very nice.
-Highways are clean and a decorated with flowers (see cons)
-Closer to the beach in some areas.
-Apartments are a much better value.

Cons:
-I think its partly because its a cold winter, but it still gets in the 20's here.
-Its more built up it seems around, Raleigh, Charlotte, Greensboro and Winston Salem but other than that, its no different than NY.
-The highways are clean, but it is the states attempt to offset the freeway madness! Like the abandoned cars lined up and down the freeways. The constant traffic jams, every day on some parts of the I-40. Its horrible, and I have driven through metropoliton throughways.
-Illegal mexicans, when are they going to pay thier taxes? I think I read an article that said there were 300,000 of them here?
-My family is 700+ miles away.
-They say taxes are more in NY, true. But they still get you in other areas, like a car tax you have to pay every year. Its not a huge difference.
-Not enough to do.

Not to try and turn anybody away, because it is a nice area. Its just not for us, getting out and living in another area kinda made us look at home differently. Since I have been here, the apartment next to us had an armed robbery, then a shooting and my car was broken into. All within six months. My fiance still can't find a job even with whats out there.

Yeah, it's shit. I realised that before I got on the plane to come back. And Katrina refugees, you forgot about them. Katrina refugees don't come to CT / NY / Northern PA.

Celerity , my man, you wanna know about NC just talk to me. Lived here for 17 years. Been everywhere.

Back