Time to play wtf is it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RoughKnight

Christmas Car
Looks like a sensor of some sort, one wire leads to it, the other connector is blocked by a rubber stopper, looks oem, just looks out of place. I dunno if it contributes to my second wiring problem, but I feel like ripping the motor out of there and just tackling wiring these days...

Attachments

• image-1437688463.jpg
    image-1437688463.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 198
did someone else have/hack the car before you? blue wire is usually the tach lead, but i can't see where it goes/comes from

Yes, the more i open it up the more wiring problems occur/I find. It leads into the firewall somewhere, I'll get a better shot tomorrow. But there isn't a second wire. Is that normal?

yeah, could be injector ground, or someone hacked it for peak/hold resitror box wiring or something.

its an si. shouldn't have had to rewire anything for an obd1 bseires swap... aybe IABs for the gsr and a knock, but neither of those are there

Im pretty confident it's the original motor/tranny combo, I'm just more concerned going into the final steps of getting my car turbo prepped these problems arise. I don't mind fixing them, but I wish I had a reference point as to where to start lol.

No b swap for me until the little d blows :)

take another pic.. zoomed out a little bit

Round 2!!

So ive had a cruise control issue which I could only relate with having my brake switch not getting power, so I ran a ignition wire to it so I can have brake lights . Now my drivers side head light does not work, I got sick of it and wanted to find the cause.

Checked all the wires on the drivers side engine bay, everything had power but my positive wire for the headlight, but when the headlights are off the drl kicks in and I have beam. Got to under the dash... And fml.

So at one point there was some kind of after market system in this bitch, and quite the job too. I think alarm and car starter. Then it hit me: it probably uses the brake lights and head lights to flash while the car is in panic mode. So my question is...

... How the fuck do I start taking this bitch apart? What's my reference point as to which wire is for what?

Attachments

• image-4043341808.jpg
    image-4043341808.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 142
  • image-39561365.jpg
    image-39561365.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 163
  • image-637285880.jpg
    image-637285880.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 148
Back