Time to shop for a new tranny...need suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

current setup: EF hatch, jdm b16 j1 tranny

my tranny is makin all kinds of noises and im just gonna replace it and throw an lsd in there instead of a rebuild. I plan on staying cable cause i heard its a pita to convert to hydro. Im deciding on another j1 or ys1(gsr) with lsd installed. I came up on either tranny with kaaz installed for 1400, is that a good deal?

overboost sells Kaaz LSDs for 880 bucks...so your paying about 500 bucks for the tranny and limited labor to install the lsd.

Quoted post[/post]]
overboost sells Kaaz LSDs for 880 bucks...so your paying about 500 bucks for the tranny and limited labor to install the lsd.
so u think its a pretty good deal? i was gonna get my tranny rebuilt by gearspeed and its 1150 for a rebuild, 1350 for rebuild plus carbon coated syncros, and 2350 for that plus a quaife. Way too much.

Yeah, that's a decent deal. You could try to find an OEM cable LSD transmission too.

i did some research and im gonna go quaife for the lsd. I cant seem to find a cable tranny with oem lsd. Im also thinking of just doing a rebuild cause its gonna suck to spend money on a used tranny to have it take a shit a few months later. Who knows how hard it was driven. Gear-speed here in cali who are well known for tranny work can do a complete rebuild of my j1 with all new oem parts, carbon coated syncros, quaife installed for 2350. Its pricey but should i go for it?

Back