1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

timing a d series cam

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 94H_Ex, Jun 23, 2008.

1. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

I have a d15b. the piston rings should be here on the 24th. which then i will put piston in with new rod bearings, main bearings, new head gasket, timing belt and a cam seal. already have oil pump and new water pump oil pan gasket. engine has already been honed out. but what im asking is. on the P08-1 head. i installed a 256 duration Comp Cam. yes i have the aftermarket springs as well. and installed. but when it comes to timing this lovely thing of a engine. do i basically time it like a stock cam? as in just do the stock line ups. run the timing light till i have it timed dead on with stock specs? or is there something im missing? oh. lets not forget. i also have AEM's adjustable cam gear with it. but thats already installed on a z6 thats in the car right now. when i pull the engine and go for the swap. i ll take the time and pull that cam gear off and put it to the d15b and put the timing belt on while its on the engine stand.
  2. t3t4delsol

t3t4delsol New Member

York, Pa
    what are you tuning with? your going to atleast need a hack?
Draft saved Draft deleted