timing a d series cam

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
I have a d15b. the piston rings should be here on the 24th. which then i will put piston in with new rod bearings, main bearings, new head gasket, timing belt and a cam seal. already have oil pump and new water pump oil pan gasket. engine has already been honed out. but what im asking is. on the P08-1 head. i installed a 256 duration Comp Cam. yes i have the aftermarket springs as well. and installed. but when it comes to timing this lovely thing of a engine. do i basically time it like a stock cam? as in just do the stock line ups. run the timing light till i have it timed dead on with stock specs? or is there something im missing? oh. lets not forget. i also have AEM's adjustable cam gear with it. but thats already installed on a z6 thats in the car right now. when i pull the engine and go for the swap. i ll take the time and pull that cam gear off and put it to the d15b and put the timing belt on while its on the engine stand.

Back