Timing Belt (again....)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

achir21

hi there, when i buy my car (EK4, B16A2) the engine doesn't rev so well just before VTEC and just before Cut-off (5200, 7900)

thinking it was the timing, i unmount everything and i found that when the cams are at TDC the crankshaft pulley was at BTDC, i try to move both cam pulley's to the right by one teeth (advance) and in that time when the cams are at TDC the crank pully was rather at the other side of the TDC, i can't get it exactly everything at TDC, so tried a test drive, and the engine was sooo lazy..... i can't figure it out how to make the timing right ??? coz i'm pretty sure the slow spot between (5200-5500 and 7900-8100) is due to a bad timing...... anybody have an idea ?

for information the old owner already change piston rings, and stuffs.... so the engine was completly unmounted..... can it be a water pump different teeths number ? coz maybe he changed it ???? plz help me.... i want my B16 to rev like it was stock ! .... thanks ... hope someone know what is it.... or why the timing can't be right

Back