Timing belt difficulty

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericL

It'd probably be a good idea to change my timing belt and I just wanted to see how difficult a job it is? I have a helms manual and it doesn't look too bad but i just thought i'd check

Originally posted by ericL@Aug 15 2005, 09:58 AM
It'd probably be a good idea to change my timing belt and I just wanted to see how difficult a job it is? I have a helms manual and it doesn't look too bad but i just thought i'd check
[post=540204]Quoted post[/post]​

Its easy after youve done it before. The first time is always tough, and you end up with bloody knuckles.

But overall its a chillin job.

Its a bit involved.. Alot of little work, nothing hard, but takes a while. Also, you should seriously consider change your water pump while you are in there! Its like 3 extra bolts.

Good luck!

I've changed things like axles and suspension but never any real engine parts...honda wants about $500 to do it and I don't know any reputable shops around me...dk what to do, makes me nervous being an interference engine and all..

If you follow your helms and don't rush, double check everything. You should be fine. May also want to replace your timing belt tensioner too while you are at it. That freezing up is also not a pretty sight.

Back