Timing belt drive pulley B18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmtcrxsir2

I just have a quick question regarding the timing belt drive pulley for my B18c1. My question is since there is a slot for the key on the timing belt drive pulley. Is there suppose to be a key that is place between the slot of the timing belt belt drive pulley? Or does the key only meant for the crankshaft drive pulley? Im just kinda confused because the timing belt belt drive pulley has a slot for a key. Anyone know what im talking about?according to the Helms manual. It shows that the key only goes to the crank pulley and not the timing belt drive pulley. am i correct? but it looks like there suppose to be a key there as well because there is a slot for it.
user_online.gif
progress.gif
hmtcrxsir View Public Profile Send a private message to hmtcrxsir Find More Posts by hmtcrxsir Add hmtcrxsir to Your Contacts
post_old.gif
12-21-2009, 06:00 AM

Im not talking about just the Crank Pulley itself. I know that the crank pulley needs a key. Im talking about the Timing belt drive pulley that holds the timing belt in place that is on the crank itself. According to Helms manual there is no key for the timing belt drive pulley. But there is a slot for the timing belt drive pulley. They are two seperate parts. I repeat im not talking about the Crank pulley but the timing belt drive pulley. Look below for a picture.

You see how there is a slot for the key? Is there suppose to be a key there for the timing belt drive pulley.
dsc00025.jpg

Back