timing belt issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crippleddave

recently the timing belt snapped on my 94 eg hatch. i was at a stop so it should be ok i think. Anyway i am having trouble removing the crank pully bolt. i used an impact wrench and a breaker bar with a torch. its normal threads right? also i have a vtec head i want to put on my d15. how do i wire up vtec on it, thanks.

for the wiring check the refrence section, there are already write ups on wiring vtec.
as for your pulley bolt, it is normal right hand threads, I don't know how you used an impact wrench with a breaker bar, but I would suggest not using a torch, you can damage the #1 main bearing and/or the oil pump.
Get a good power air impact gun on that thing and it should come right off.

i tried my impact wrench. i then tried my friends that works at dodge and told me it for sure should come off it didnt. i tried a breaker bar, (without impact wrench) heh. is drilling a hole threw the nut a bad idea to get it off?

Air tools............................enough said.

drilling a hole is a bad idea if you don't know what you are doing if you break off the bolt or if you damage the snout of the crankshaft you effectively ruin the crankshaft.

ok, what do i do then. air tools dont seem to be working for me....... i need my car back.................. fudge

ok, my friend told me to take off the starter and wedge somthing into the gear, i guess they do that at his shop, i tried that and used an impact wrench, didnt work... so now i guess ill try a breaker bar again... WTF i am so frusterated with this piece of shilt. does anyone know where i can get a good deal on an ls or gsr engine? seriously

if you have the engine out of the car, try bringing it to a shop that has more powerful air tools, bring it to honda if you can, it may cost you a couple bucks, but they will do it correctly and they will get it done.

I can sell you a gsr swap for 2500, needs a water pump and timing belt installed before it is installed tho, (has 92k on it)
2500 includes EVERYTHING, all mounts, shift linkage, engine tranny, wiring, ecu.
You would have to pick it up though in the upstate NY area.

my air tools wouldn't get mine off either. I used a long torque wrench with a 2' length of tubing and jumped on it.

Back