timing belt issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is a very hard thing to describe but here it goes. On my H22a my timing belt seems to rattle around a lot at and above idle. When the car is off there is about a 1/2 inch of movement also the belt seems to be shifting to the right of the pulleys. The belt is fairly new and in good condition(no cracks or split that I can see) but I fear for my motor any suggestions? I hate to take it to the shop no one touches my baby thank you for your help.

Thank you for the fast reply what is involved in converting the tensioner . Has anyone had experience with that thank you?

Originally posted by 95preludetypes@Apr 29 2005, 01:22 PM
Thank you for the fast reply what is involved in converting the tensioner . Has anyone had experience with that thank you?
[post=493158]Quoted post[/post]​

get a manual tensioner off a old H23A, gotta remove automatic tensioner, balancer belt adjuster, timing belt adjuster, timing belt, crank position sensor

ok so is this something for a novice mechanic I'm very will and I have the tools but I don’t want to mess up parts that are as important as the timing how bad is it to drive it the way it is thank again

Back