1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

timing belt issues

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 95preludetypes, Apr 29, 2005.

1. 95preludetypes

95preludetypes Member

This is a very hard thing to describe but here it goes. On my H22a my timing belt seems to rattle around a lot at and above idle. When the car is off there is about a 1/2 inch of movement also the belt seems to be shifting to the right of the pulleys. The belt is fairly new and in good condition(no cracks or split that I can see) but I fear for my motor any suggestions? I hate to take it to the shop no one touches my baby thank you for your help.

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

if you have a hydraulic tensioner convert to a manual timing belt tensioner...

3. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

Yup sounds like the classic h22 tensioner issue.

4. 95preludetypes

95preludetypes Member

Thank you for the fast reply what is involved in converting the tensioner . Has anyone had experience with that thank you?

5. PLA5151

PLA5151 New Member

get a manual tensioner off a old H23A, gotta remove automatic tensioner, balancer belt adjuster, timing belt adjuster, timing belt, crank position sensor

6. 95preludetypes

95preludetypes Member

ok so is this something for a novice mechanic I'm very will and I have the tools but I don’t want to mess up parts that are as important as the timing how bad is it to drive it the way it is thank again

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted