timing belt sliding off after motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

coopersc89

Just did a motor swap from a D15B7 to a D15B2. Now the timing belt is slipping off away from the motor off the pulley. It actually wore a hole in the timing cover. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or what. Please help.

Steve

you forgot to put the big washer type thing back on before you put the cover, pulley, and bolt on

there are 2 of them... one on each side of the timing belt drive pulley the parts they say to install with the concave surface facing opposite of the belt ] [

you need those... they keep the belt in line.... as you have found out ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• timing belt.JPG
    timing belt.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 11,473
interesting to note that on the mirages there is no washers to hold the belt, i wonder why it doesn't move? :shrug2:

because the mirage is the greatest vehicle ever designed or manufactured in the history of EVAR!!!!! :rolleyes:

Some of the water pump gears are grooved so it helps hold the belt on; maybe the mirage is like that?

lol, statement(s) still has no value.

fwiw: if i would have caught this thread earlier I would have said the same thin E did, probably would have used the same diagram...

interesting to note that on the mirages there is no washers to hold the belt, i wonder why it doesn't move? :shrug2:

Pfft, everyone knows that Hondas have VTEC power and it can blow the timing belt right off duh.

Back