timing belt walks out =/

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RBDave

Hello,

I built my turbo h22 last spring and over the winter i ended up doing a head gasket cause i made a mistake. um when i pulled the cam cover i noticed the timing belt was half the thickness it is suppose to be lol.

Any how i did the head gasket over the winter and a week ago i put a new timing belt in and auto tensioner. I also been using skunk 2 cam gears. Everything looks normal timing related. Any ideas whats going on here?:huh:

from,
David Pescatello
MySpace.com - ???p ??? - 23 - Male - Lisbon, Connecticut - www.myspace.com/peskyracing

Hrm. Do you have any pictures?

Is it possible that the tensioner was bad, and instead of rolling, it just scraped the belt?

tensioner is brand new and wp isnt leaking and is in good condition.

there should be a large thin washer like disc that goes between the belt drive gear and the crank pulley to keep the belt from walking off. Make sure that's still there

I agree with the last post. There is supposed to be a large thin washer (about 2 inches in diameter) that has holes or shall I say 'slots in it' that slides on the crankshaft after the timing belt is put on, then the timing cover goes over the washer and then the main bottom pulley goes on. I had a friend that had the same problem on a 90 Civic, and that was what was wrong, the washer was missing.

Back