Timing Belt Whine on H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gofastmobile

Hey,
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I just rebuilt my H22 and I have a whining noise coming from inside the timing belt casing. Im not really sure if it is the timing belt or the balencer belt but it is not really a normal noise. I heard that this is a pretty common problem and I am wondering if anyone has any input. Thanks.

ya mine makes the same noise and it is a new honda belt and tensioner. This is my second h22 and both have made that noise, i have just gotten used to it and accepted it for normal.

Yeah i just got a new timing belt and water pump on my integra and it whines now.. it doesnt do it as loud as it use to. maybe it has to break in and stretch out a little.

i have an '01 prelude my timing belt snapped due to a bolt left in the engine from the factory, my timing belt and balancer belt was replaced and that high pitch whine is buggin me, at idle it just straight out sounds like $hit, as it is high then drops in pitch over and over at an incredible rate it just sounds like something that should be coming from a car of the 80's, the place that replaced the belts says the timing belt should stretch out after acouple thousand miles, its been about 1500 miles and it still wont go away, if anybody figures out a way to fix this please post it

you need to loosen the timing belt. Loosen the bolt up a little bit. And it will solve the problem . Just went through the same whinning noise. 200 miles and no noise ..

Back