Timing Belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeppreyboy

Anyone know the best way to get the timing belt on. I took the old one off and cant seem to get the new one on. I loosened the adjusting bolt, but i cant get the belt on. I almost got it on and had to pull on the belt real hard, but it just wont slip on. Any suggestions?

loosen the tensioner then push it back to it's loosest postion then retighten it, so you aren't fighting it at all.

then make absolutely sure everything is at TDC.

only put it on half way all around then push it a little at a time

When i put the cam gears at TDC, do I have to do anything with the crank pulley? Do i need to turn it to a certain point before i put the t-belt on?

ummmm yeah

set that at TDC too
unless you want to destroy your engine :)

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO... got the t-belt on..after three weeks of my car being down...its finally runn'n again. Thank god for the online manuals.

probably have some bent valves for bolting the cams down before you put everything to TDC

ok, i've got a question. if you were off by 1 tooth on the cam sprocket, would your valves collide??? i think i lined my cam gear up w/ the wrong marks on my d16z6 (flush against the head surface instead of w/ the plastic pointer arrow) but i still can't figure out where to put it. my shitty manual doesn't specify... i need a helms
anyway, would being off by a very little cause it to interfere, or just run really shity. when i fired it up, i turn it off right away when things weren't right. but i didn't hear any clicking

sorry to hijack the thread but I need an answer from someone

thanks

Back