Timing issue.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90_civic_Si

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:48 pm Post subject: Timing issue. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can`t seem to get the marks to line up with my timing light. I just did the mpfi swap and used everything from my Si parts car that i needed.

The book says use a jumper wire in the test connector, then use a timing light to adjust the ignition timing. So i did that but I can`t get the pointer on the lower half of the cover to line up with the red mark on the crank pulley.

My distributor is all the way forward and still needs to go more. The car starts right up and runs but i just want to set eveything where is supposed to be and i know your not supposed to have your dizzy all the forward so somethings wrong. Anyone one else have this problem after doing the swap?

Another funny thing is when i go over 3800rpm the engine light comes on and gives code 9. Which is number 1 cylinder position. I never had that problem when the distributor was in the parts car.

That`s what it`s acting like but it can`t be i never did anything with the belt. I took off the intake and swap another one, changed the distributor and add some wires.

I did this swap about six months ago on my other civic and had no problem at all and it was my first time. I don`t get it, i shouldn`t have to mess with the belt. Could the engine code i`ve been getting have something to do with this?

Back