1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing issues

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by BIGP4LIFE, Feb 22, 2009.

1. BIGP4LIFE

BIGP4LIFE New Member

i have a 91 crx i swoped a d16a bottom end with a d16 z6 head so its full d16 with vtec i swithced it from dpfi to mpfi aswell so my ?

i got the car to run and the cam gear and belt side is in timing but the distrubtor side is not and where it is in timing and keeps the car running it wont bolt up to any of the ears so whats a solution to that? would it be safe to turn the cam gear so its a couple teeth back and it work or will it be in the position to where the vales will be down when the piston is up and mess up the valves and motor?????

2. raceinspiredrex

raceinspiredrex New Member

have you gotten any help yet? or fixed the issue yet? what distributor are you using? what ecu? did you switch to obd1?

3. BIGP4LIFE

BIGP4LIFE New Member

a lil its still not fixed and its a 42 u i have a P28 and i have swithched it to obd1 already

4. raceinspiredrex

what's 42u? what did it come off of? you need a distributor from a z6 head, that's the only distributor that will mount up exactly

5. BIGP4LIFE

BIGP4LIFE New Member

it will it bolts up to all the ears its a vtec dizzy, i swithed 2 sensors around and it is closer so i think im s tooth or 2 off and i need to fix that but well c

6. raceinspiredrex

it doesn't matter if the distributor is "vtec" or not, that has nothing to do with it. a distributor does just that, distributes. and what it distributes is spark, nothing more.

anyways, do you know how to line everything up? meaning that the cam and crank are both at top dead center? the a6 bottom with z6 head is the most common swap so you should be able to search and find tons of info on that.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted