Timing light?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

abarone300

Would anyone know how many degrees BTDC or ATDC should I adjust my timing is it in the manual, or is there a lable under the hood somewhere, and do I use a timing light, where are the timing marks located on, on the crankshaft pulley?

I have a '95 Sol with a VTEC/DOHC, and its a bit hesitant from a dead stop.
I recently replaced the timing belt, It runs well, except for the slight hesitation, I think if I advance the timing a couple degrees it'll be ok!

Thanks

most hondas are +16. check at the flywheel side of the engine, you should be able to shine the timing light in there and see what your timing is set at.

No opening in bellhousing...

most hondas are +16. check at the flywheel side of the engine, you should be able to shine the timing light in there and see what your timing is set at.

In order to see anything rotating on the flywheel side, the transmission bellhousing would to have a window, I don't see one (unless one looks under the car). The opening on the underside is probably for drainage or some other reason...

Aldo

there is usually a rubber plug over the window...at least there is on the h22.

Back