Timing Off??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Hey Boyz,

Whats going on? I'm have a tuff time trying to figure out whats going on with my car? I got a 99 B18B Auto. I have just replaced the timing belt, water pump and all seals. My car as 134XXX on it. I noticed even before i changed the timing belt, when i hit the gas hard it takes time for the car to respond. When it does respond it revs really high (5K) then catches itself (3K)??? It feels like the timing is off or something?? Im not too sure, could you guys help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

Jazzy

If its an automatic...hit the gas -5k -3k then goes?

I'd say its the tranny slipping

yeah its a automatic.. When i roll @ 60kmh and step on the gas hard to raise the speed of the car, I see the RPM needle move from 3K to 5K but the car doesnt move until 2 seconds?? Its very very delayed.. My car never use to ride like this.....You think the Tranny is slipping? Would the timing be off or somthing?

Quoted post[/post]]
Its fine in 1,2,D.. its only in Overdrive

than your clutches are slipping inside the tranny brotha. but check the fluid level first just to be safe. low fluid will cause slippage. but usually in every gear!

you can TRY and change the auto tranny fluid and throw in some additive. note that this is not a fix. but only a "band aid" to get you goin for a bit till you save some cash and can afford a replacement/rebuild.

That sucks!!!! Damn, Would it make much sense to replace it with a auto tranny or just change the shit to 5 spd b18C? Are there any more steps i could do to ensure that the Tranny is going?

Well, a used Auto tranny is around $300

To swap your car over to a 5 speed w/a B18C tranny is going to run $1500-$2000 depending on which trans you get (GSR or TypeR) and it's a pain in the ass...

Replace the auto trans, sell the car, buy a 5 speed Teg

Are there anythings to consider when buying a Tranny? Should i get a rebuild? new? used?

Back