Timing problem!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

moemoe

PRELUDE JDM
okay i swapped a h22a jdm engine into my 96 prelude,The h22a came with auto tranny.My car was a manual so i put the f22 tranny and flywheel on the h22a.Car runs okay,but I know it can run better.I checked the timing with the timing gun at 15 +/-2 on the flywheel (window where block and tranny meet)notice that the white mark wasent there.so then i moved the dizzy back and forward and still didn't see nothing.So my guest is the car might of jumped timing.My dad and I are going to work on the timing belt so I figured if im messing with the belt im going to try to set the car on time (if that is the problem).Also I notice alot of people have problems setting a jdm engine on time.Do i just set it like a h22a1 engine.I dont see the DTC mark on the crank pulley.Any heads up,or how to do this will help

yes i did unless it was the wrong one ..the one i jumped was a blue 2p connector on the driver side. same one that i use to check my cel's

What ECU?

If you were off a tooth on the timing belt.....you would know for sure. It wouldn't run right.

Get a Helm's Manual for that motor. You can sometimes download it. Its a good idea in any event. And look into how to check the timing. My B16 marks are not straight up (Noon) on the crank shaft....they're around 10 o'clock. Its a JDM engine and who ever told you they have difficulties with JDM timing....they are full of bologna

Last edited:
timming problem

im using a p13 ecu. Im starting to think the flywheel timming marks are different on the flywheel since im using a f22 on a h22.I need to find out
but thanks for ur help

im using a p13 ecu. Im starting to think the flywheel timming marks are different on the flywheel since im using a f22 on a h22.I need to find out
but thanks for ur help
look up the oem numbers on the flywheels. or better yet, if you can, go to the auto parts store and look at the 2 flywheels side by side.

thanx for the info.Thats proabaly what im proabably goin to have to do.So I can just put a h22a1 usdm if I cant find a jdm one? theres proabaly no difference between both.

found out the problem.It was two vaccum lines on the intake manifold,I just switch the two vaccum lines. and set it at around 15 or 17 on the flywheel. then took it for a ride and felt better............thanx for the help guys

Back