Timing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

Ok, today i was reading about this guy that advanced his timing, but he did not give a very good explaination, also he had a different engine, i need to know exactly how to do it, with pics to help, i would also like to know how much horse power will i gain with this?

Ok, question #2 is, on the same web site i was reading about how to take off two hoses that let engine coolant run through the intake so it will heat up the air and won't let the car sezie(sorry don't know how to spell it), i would like to know how to reroute it so the coolant won't heat my intake, i have an f22a, i also need pics on were these hoses are, i already know what to do i just need to locate the two hoses.

Thanks in advance for any replies, i would like to do these two items this weekend, so i need as much help as i can get.

peace.

1. facing the car, you turn the distributor away from you to advance the timing and you turn it by loosening the 3 size 10 bolts in 3 corners of the distributor. You really shouldn't do it though unless you have and know how to use a timing gun. I doubt you'll gain horsepowers. It's the same with all I4 hondas that have distributors and not ignitor coils.

2. the hoses are on (below) the throttle body. do a search on this site and google you'll find it. I've seen a couple with detailed description WITH pictures.

gluck.

does 1 mm counter closk wise advance the timing 1 degree?

Get a manual or read up on how to adjust the timing on your car.

You could adjust the timing too much and wreck your engine (pinging) if your just taking sabs in the dark.

I know how to do it, but i have ready many articles saying this XX amount in mm converts to XX amount of degress, some are different, i am just trying to clear things up.

Back