Timming Belt Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frank_Li

This was the first time I ever changed the timming belt on my car. When I turned on the car It was runing very noisy like the way air conditioners sound with that slight squeal, kinda Like a super charger. Then is got real noisy with a very fast chirping or belt sliping noise. I Gotta start over. But I need to know what you guys think I did wrong.

check the tighness of the belt if its all wobbley then tighten it/check the timing too maybe the belt slipped a tooth or something

Nah, If the timing belt sliped it would have smashed my pistons, I was wondering if it possible to but the timming belt on too tight? I also noticed the the Idle was A bit high. If I installed the ALT. pully too loose would it cause the engine to increase the Iidle? It's a 90 civic HB.

Crap, Kingwilly might be right, it might have been the timming belt sliping. I don't get it though, I tourqed that SOB good. The little marks I made on the sproket and on the timming belt are not aligned any more. I turned the engine off as soon as it started to make that slipping noise then I didn't turn it on anymore and I pushed back into the garage. Shit that sucks. Damn, I was just trying to save money and now I gotta pay for a new engine. :(

Back