1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timming Belt Problem

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Frank_Li, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Frank_Li

Frank_Li Member

This was the first time I ever changed the timming belt on my car. When I turned on the car It was runing very noisy like the way air conditioners sound with that slight squeal, kinda Like a super charger. Then is got real noisy with a very fast chirping or belt sliping noise. I Gotta start over. But I need to know what you guys think I did wrong.

2. kingwilly

kingwilly Senior Member

check the tighness of the belt if its all wobbley then tighten it/check the timing too maybe the belt slipped a tooth or something

3. Frank_Li

Frank_Li Member

Nah, If the timing belt sliped it would have smashed my pistons, I was wondering if it possible to but the timming belt on too tight? I also noticed the the Idle was A bit high. If I installed the ALT. pully too loose would it cause the engine to increase the Iidle? It's a 90 civic HB.

4. Frank_Li

Frank_Li Member

Crap, Kingwilly might be right, it might have been the timming belt sliping. I don't get it though, I tourqed that SOB good. The little marks I made on the sproket and on the timming belt are not aligned any more. I turned the engine off as soon as it started to make that slipping noise then I didn't turn it on anymore and I pushed back into the garage. Shit that sucks. Damn, I was just trying to save money and now I gotta pay for a new engine. :(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted