tint?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

And its all the same tint....pic doesn't really represent that but I promise....all 5 windows are the light 3M tint

yeah i wish you knew. either way, i appreciate you posting a pic, i wish some others would do the same. i'm gonna check with them tomorrow when i go in for my appointment. i've really been stressing over this so, i talked to the shop again and she said she'd show me the ins and outs of their tints, including different percentages and styles.

i rode in my buddy's newer ford explorer last night and he has 13% all around. he said it's just "regular" tint but he wasn't sure if it was dyed or metallic. he said he didn't know what it was, just basic, whatever they give you if you just show up at a shop and want your car tinted, whatever they give you lol. IMO, i'd rather have it a little lighter, so i'm pretty sure i'm going with 20%. less heat from the cops that way, and no chance of having any problems seeing at all. my buddy said he never has any issues seeing, but last night we came to a stop sign on a bend in the road, and he couldn't see around the corner. it was dark, but still, he had to ask my buddy in the back seat to roll his window down real quick. other than that, everything seems pretty good. but i don't wanna take the chance of being in that situation where i'm not sure if i'm seeing well or not and get in an accident or something ya know. so i'll stick with the 20%. i'm gonna ask the tint shop tomorrow about the warranty on just dyed tint too because i've heard it turns purple after long use. so we'll see exactly

Whos doin your tint?

The shop that did mine only works with 5% and 20% for the dark tints. Thats why I went with the shades that I did, my original plan was 15% all the way around.

tint xxpress in auburn on auburn way. they've been there for 15 years and i've heard pretty good things. they're right by comcast in auburn, which is where i work, and when i told the lady on the phone that, she said she'd take 10 dollars off. and she said if i made my appointment before noon, she'd take off another 10, which brings my price to 160 plus tax. the chick i talked to seemed awesome and seems like she really wants to work with me and help me understand exactly what i want for tint

180 for tint??? i know of places here that do a rlly good job,have warranties on their tint and do it for around $130...hm maybe its differant where your at...
ask if they do a 1 piece back window..if they do a 2 piece make sure they take extra care in doing the line or it will look wierd,and could eventually peel

Ahh, ya Ive heard of that place before. Thats a good deal, mine cost 260 and I only have 3 windows to tint lol.

damn that's hella. is it just dyed tint? just regular whatever? my appointment's in an hour, so i'm pretty pumped. i just got my windshield replaced today too so i'm very excited. my baby's gonna be lookin super clean. all i need to do is take it in for very minor body work and have it painted the stock red again. i do need a new hood tho, stock replacement painted black for now until i can fork out all the money for a carbon fiber piece. i can't wait.

Ya mines just regular dyed, run of the mill tint. Are you already back from your appointment?

I paid $200 but that was stripping my old tint off too. My old tint was so hammered that it turned purple lol

well i live less than 20 streets from the tint shop. the receptionist was on her way to lunch and offered me a ride home, i accepted lol. it's actually been there for like 3 hours now and i haven't gotten a call from them, getting a little worried lol. but then again, i'd rather them take all day if it's gonna be an awesome job rather than rush and get it done in an hour and have it be a mediocre job ya know. i went with 18% btw. it's a good company, forgot the name tho, and they have an awesome warranty because it's supposed to last longer than most

I've got 5% on my Santa Fe. Love it. Sure, it's dark at night, but I also ride with a tinted visor at night on my bike. Keeps the heat out during the day, and sure helps for my passengers in watching shit on the DVD. Also keeps a lot of the heat out, and I live in PA. 5% black IMO.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt notice the second page. Happy with your 18%?

so i got it done with 18% non metallic. i was reading that the non metallic's have come a long way with color stabilizers and what not. so i was fine with going with non metallic even though it's said that metallic last longer, but all that is past information now. but this lady was like yeah this is what you want, trust me. i was hoping for something a little lighter but she just kept talkin me out of it. well i trusted her and i absolutely hate it. i can't see anything when i back up at night. it looks almost limo tint from the outisde of the car, add the fact that it's a red honda, i feel a ticket comin for sure. with my bronze rims, red car, and dark tint, it makes the car look bad in my eyes. my buddy's say i should just put black rims on the car now, but i don't like that look, everybody does that look and i wanted to do something a little different. i should've stayed in the 20's, like 25 or something around there, if not a tiny bit lighter. it would've looked a ton better to me. not to mention i'd be able to see 100 times better than i can now. not to mention that this very repuatable tint shop didn't do that great of a job. there's little flaws everywhere, and the worst part is the 100 or more little air bubbles on the passenger window. they said they should disappear within the next couple of days. not to mention, they said it should get a little darker after it dries. very upset and honestly pretty depressed about the whole situation. i don't even know what to do now. i'm honestly considering having it taken off and redone. does anybody know the cost of tint removal?

Last edited:
Free. Peel it off. Get a vinyl decal remover, one made for windows. Peel what you can, scrape the rest. Goo-Gone the shit out of it. And the air bubbles? They fucked you. Hard from what I can tell. I've tinted tons of windows in buildings, and had mine done 2 different times, once to match my front windows to 35% (wayyy too light, can hardly tell its tinted) and redone to 5%. No bubbles, even from the get go. Get on that warranty.

yeah i'm gonna give em a call tomorrow for sure. i'm gonna check into getting it removed. i don't like it at all. i need to go like mid to high 20s for sure. i liked the look of my car without tint but everybody said it'd look better with 15 but i thought it was too dark so i was gonna stay at a true 20. i know now i just don't like hella dark tint, especially with the look of my car. i need to be in the 20s for sure

Air bubles and white streaks and all that shit dries out. Ive never seen anyone lay tint in a car without it. Mine had some bad ones but I waited the 5 days that I was told to, and it all went away. Every last bit. As far as darkness goes, Ive got 20% on the sides and cant see clear through the car from the outside, granted, thats with a dark back window. My dad has 35% on his truck, and you can see through it, but they still have a little black in em. Maybe you should be lookin into that. If your totally turned away from the shop that did yours, try Cool World Tint Xxperts in Puyallup. Its an old guy that does the tinting, and he does awesome work. Hes done 3 of my brothers cars, mine, and a handful of my friends.

that's who did mine, tint xxperts in auburn tho, the slogan is "it's a cool world" lol. but yeah, i'm just still not likin this. i need to be in somewhere in the mid to high 20's. it'd look better with the car too. it's like everything's just jet black up top and i don't like the look. honestly you can't see shit through my windows from the outside, it looks like 5% no joke. that's not what i wanted ya know. i was hoping for something that you could still see through but with more of a subtle tint. i dont know what i let her talk me into going so low. very huge lesson learned

Ahh, I thought you said Tint Xxpress. The place in Puyallup doesnt have any other shops either way.

Ill try to get some pics of my dads truck with 35% on it. I think youd really like it. Its gunna look darker since it overcast today, but youll get the idea.

i thought it was called tint xxpress lol, just forgot. i couldn't find it anywhere on auburn way, then i saw it and i was oh yeah, it's tint xxperts lol. but yeah, please do show me the pictures. i think i'm gonna end up going with 35%, or she mentioned 28% which is just a shade lighter than legal, and that looked really good to me. today's crap man, i don't know what's wrong with our weather, we get a really nice day like yesterday, and i wake up and it's raining, wtf lol

Lol, no joke. It seems like this damn rain is never gunna stop.

Ya, the 35% is nice for just gettin some color on the glass.

the little air bubbles will go away unless its dirt on the windows..i know that my boys car was tinted and there was small shit on the windows and it made airbubbles..your best bet is to scrape your windows with a razor before tinting and tell them to clean them very well...id go back and have it redone...

Back