tint?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i called and talked with them about it. they said they'll redo the tint for $80-100. i think it's a fair deal. lesson learned in my book. i'm very happy that i don't have to pay full cost me them to tear it off and then pay another price for them to re-tint. that's an awesome deal for me. now i need to know EXACTLY what tint i'm going with. i'm thinking of something along the lines of mid to high 20's. i saw a couple there that had a brown tint to them that looked like they'd be nice. meaning if you looked at them through the light, where as every other tint has a green, blue, or charcoal look. or maybe even using a metallic would look pretty good too. but either way, i would really like to know what you guys think i should go with. if you guys have pictures of lighter tinted cars i'd love to see them.

i don't understand why i had bubbles in the first place. i mean i understand why they're there, but i don't have bubbles anywhere else at all besides a few little ones on a defroster strip. they must've f'd that window up. the first day the passenger side bubbles were crazy, but the next day(yesterday) they weren't too bad. i didn't check today at all, but obviously they're starting to go away. i don't know if they'll all go away, but i can definitely check on them. this company is very reputable and does all the dealerships in the area as well. they obviously have great customer service for giving me such a great deal

bubbles are normal but still.....mine were just done and he told me about the bubbles 'may surface' but they never did. although it does go away IMO it is a good indicator of the quality of work done on the car.

Sorry you don't like the way it came out.

i'm fine with the bubbles now, cause it's getting re-done lol. but i'm sure there's barely any left by today, but like i said i haven't checked cause i'm working. the tint's too dark for the look of the car, as well as i don't like how dark it is looking through it. when i chose it, it was on a sunny ass day and it really threw everything off.

Defroster strips is a pain in the a$$ and a good tinter has to sit there and us a thin tool to adhere a the tint glue to the window in between all those defroster lines that seem fraction of millimeters apart (I know because the guy boasted about all he did to the car...that he had ALL day)

He re-greased my front window tracks too (which was cool of him)

Some old school lifted truck guy owns the place and he dug my car (couldn't believe it was a '92) Not many truck guys can feel the Honda Vibe but it's always nice when the owner thinks your car is clean....(he'll keep it that way)

Alright here are some pics,

My dads 35% lookin through the side
IMG_1045.jpg

From the side, through the windshield
IMG_1046.jpg

My 20% from the side
IMG_1047.jpg

Mine from the side, through the windsield
IMG_1048.jpg

My 5% back window tryin to look straight through the car, out the windshield
IMG_1049.jpg

Ya, theres a lot of glare off the windows since everything was just washed, but you get the idea. And, lol at the fact that my car is exactly what your tryin to avoid.

Didnt read everyting before I posted the pics.

Bubbles are common, they dry out. I had one the size of a nickle on my passenger window, 4 days later, nothin. They dry out. My rear window has a defroster, every line was bordered in white which was the water he sprayed on when he layed it down. A couple days later, nothin. Also, a good tinter will tell you, the hardest thing to do is the shade strips made up of a bunch of dots. If you dunno what Im talkin about Ill take a pic. Mine was bad at first. I mean bad. Now, it looks great.

You just gotta give it time to dry.

yeah i understand fully about the bubbles and everything. it's reassuring knowing that you're describing everything that's goin on and know it's no big deal. thanks for the pictures again, i really appreciate it. the lady at the shop showed me a car with 28% on it and it looked pretty good. it's a shade darker than 35 so i shouldn't get messed with at all about it, and you could still easily see through it. i'm thinkin that's what i might go with, but still not sure. i'm gonna research tons more this time and am gonna spend hours at the tint shop going through their tint patches lol

here she is. horrible pic, i know, my camera and good cell phone aren't work so i'm using my old bootleg phone lol. remember that this is with the sun out which was very nice, was very bright and a scorcher at 70 degrees lol. it's hot for the seattle area tho. i don't like the look anymore, that's with 18%. i was thinking about going with 28 since it's still a lot darker than 35 but a little lighter than this. even with the sun beating on everything, you can still barely see in and through

Photo-0194.jpg

Air bubles and white streaks and all that shit dries out. Ive never seen anyone lay tint in a car without it. Mine had some bad ones but I waited the 5 days that I was told to, and it all went away. Every last bit. As far as darkness goes, Ive got 20% on the sides and cant see clear through the car from the outside, granted, thats with a dark back window. My dad has 35% on his truck, and you can see through it, but they still have a little black in em. Maybe you should be lookin into that. If your totally turned away from the shop that did yours, try Cool World Tint Xxperts in Puyallup. Its an old guy that does the tinting, and he does awesome work. Hes done 3 of my brothers cars, mine, and a handful of my friends.

You need to find new tinters. If I went to pick up my car and it had a single air bubble in it, I would make them fix it or re-do it. Thankfully, the tint shop here does incredile work. They have tinted 3 cars of mine and I've never had a single issue.

Go talk to the lady that talked you into 18% and tell her you aren't happy with it, and that you want a lesser tint. If nothing else, get the stuff that is messed up re-done on the warantee.

yeah i called and talked to her and she told me they'd redo it all in a lighter tint for $80. i think that's a really good deal on my part considering they're stripping this tint off and reapplying new tint. i'm sure she's only charging me to pay for her and the worker's hourly pay. it really shows that their customer service is pretty awesome. that's not very much money to pay compared to what i've learned about what i like on my car when talkin about looks, and what i like to see at night lol

If their service was awesome they'd have done it right the first time. You just got jacked another $80.

Whatever. Don't leave if there is a single bubble in the new tint.

You need to find new tinters. If I went to pick up my car and it had a single air bubble in it, I would make them fix it or re-do it. Thankfully, the tint shop here does incredile work. They have tinted 3 cars of mine and I've never had a single issue.

Why do I need to find new tinters? The bubbles are gone, just like they told me. The quality of the work is top notch. Along with a dozen other cars theyve done that Ive seen first hand. And Ive got a lifetime warranty on it.

Ive never seen anything come out without a few bubbles or a little haze so I dunno how your car did.

i'm not getting jacked at all, you're really trippin dude. there aren't any problems at all with the craftsmanship, the problem is i just don't like the tint. i'm paying a fraction of the price it would usually take to rip the tint off and re-apply new tint. nothing you say is gonna make me feel bad about that, if anything i'm taking advantage of them lol

Back