Tinted taillights? On my '07

Tint 'em or Leave 'em

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sounds like something somebody would do. Claiming that you couldn't see someone's tail lights so you rear ended them would be a good way to get out of having to pay for the damages you caused for not paying attention. I've had plenty of times where I was behind someone with those tiny little "Euro" lights on their Suburban or GMC. I hate those things, you can barely tell when the driver is braking so you have to pay a lot closer attention to the vehicle. And the brake lights are the same size as all the other lights... really tiny.

that's true too, but if I have improper safety devices, I'd become at fault.

Wouldnt they be illegal though if they were not safe??

Im sure that if they really were a problem, you wouldnt be allowed to use em.

I dunno, im just saying i dont think insurance issues are a reason to not buy em if you like them. I dont think i have ever had a problem not seeing someone brake with tinted lights. That shit is bright haha.

Wouldnt they be illegal though if they were not safe??

Im sure that if they really were a problem, you wouldnt be allowed to use em.

I dunno, im just saying i dont think insurance issues are a reason to not buy em if you like them. I dont think i have ever had a problem not seeing someone brake with tinted lights. That shit is bright haha.
anything other than oem could be deemed unsafe in the right court. he is actually talking about painting over the light and tinting them. that would be an easy court case. factory lights have to pass a lot of laws and regulations, if you alter them in any way, shape, or form, you can/will be held liable.

Back