Tiny House living?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I wish our shower were large. the bathroom is a good size, and hopefully one day we will be able to afford a bathroom remodel that gives a larger shower.

I stop pretty often in my house and think about all the space we dont really need in a place that is already so small. We wont be moving for sure, but at this moment, we dont use probably 1/3 of what we have just on the main living level. not counting finished attic and basement which are both mainly used for storage. But, at the moment, the living room barely gets used, we are mostly in the dining/kitchen, and the added on room (sort of like a sun room) barely gets used mainly bc thats the only room that the floor is concrete and that shit always stays cold as hell. its annoying. but, we could live in maybe 7-800sf comfortably. but the little one is only 2 and the other isnt here yet, so i know this will be changing...

I wish I had a large shower. Our bathroom is super small and the shower is just a single stall. :( I need to move the fuck out of this place so I can afford a nice house.

IS-1dnryvuzh5yzh.jpg

IS-kex1mm7hmdzx.jpg

I love our shower, its pretty big but I wish I could have two shower heads running at the same time..bathroom is a good size with a closet for storage

Fuck condos, a shitty stepping stone everyone seemed to have done. I don't think I know of anyone who made money on theirs. .
I did... 8k lol i stayed less than 2 years though, paid the cap gains tax on it because of it, and got out right at the peak of the market in 2007. which means i overpaid for my house instead. lol

The idea behind the house is to not be in the house. Be outside. Don't have things. Enjoy life for what it is without all the material possessions.

The things you own end up owning you.
Haha, great reference.

I agree the concept isn't for everyone. And even the people who live this way, probably wont live this way forever. For me, I dont want kids, and I love the idea of being mobile. Only downside for me is a lack of garage. Cars are definitely not a hobby for this living arrangement.

a friend is converting a shipping container right now but it is just a cabin for his fishing property. I couldn't live in something that small unless it was somewhere really cool like the cabin Dick Proenneke built in the 60's. Now that was a badass little place

I show this video every year to my freshmen class. It one of the only ones that all my kids watch start to finish.

I show this video every year to my freshmen class. It one of the only ones that all my kids watch start to finish.
I'm not into backpacking but if I ever go on a trip like that Ill be heading there for sure. I would love to see that level of craftsmanship in person

Dick Proenneke was a stud. I own "alone in the wilderness" and I've watched it several times.

Dick Proenneke was a stud. I own "alone in the wilderness" and I've watched it several times.

Apparently he has a couple of videos that go along with Alone in the Wilderness. I am absolutely blown away by his woodworking/carving skills.

Back