Tip toeing 1200 cc bikes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

consider the ninja 500. more power, almost the exact same size as the 250.

I have, I can't get past the looks. The Suzuki GS500 has decent looks, can't get past how shitty it's build quality is.

This saturday I'm going to check out the Hyosung 650 and 250 GTR.

I'm also thinking about a Derbi, or, now that I know how, bringing over something european / Australian. Or, next year will have a completely new Ninja 250 and 500 with updated frames.

^ Now you are on the right track . . .

. . . tip-toeing a 12k cc bike is nowhere near as fun as raeping a 600cc'er.

Since I got the 1200 lowered it does what I want from it. It's a competent long-distance bike, very stable (Even moreso than before). The cornering isn't natural, but it's still more than I use. I'm really comfy on it.

I'll never take a passenger though, and my girlfriend refuses to sit on the back.

I'm the same way, I never ride/ give rides when I cruise on my cusins GSXR750. It's stupid to me. I don't mind as much if I hurt myself, but I sure as hell don't want to mess someone else's life up! :S I've never laid a bike down on the street, but I'm pretty wild off-road on dirt bikes and 4wheelers.... and I've got scars to show it.

Pics of the bike?

I WANT to take passengers. I would love to hit the highway with her and spend a weekend out in the mountains.

It's not a tourer, but I don't want a tourer so that I can ride it back and forth to work 99% of the time.

Heh, yeah I read that right after I posted. :smack:

How far of a drive do you have?
My cuz drives his gixxer 750 every day, but then again, he's 21, so I could understand why you might not want something so sporty...

Heh, yeah I read that right after I posted. :smack:

How far of a drive do you have?
My cuz drives his gixxer 750 every day, but then again, he's 21, so I could understand why you might not want something so sporty...
I know people of all ages who ride sport bikes, age has nothing to do with it.

How many old people do you know that have high end sports cars VS highend luxury cars?

a lot of the older folk I know that ride sport bikes also race them, they also have 2nd and 3rd bikes for riding on the highways.

Hmm. That's too bad it fell.

It happens man. Just get back on the horse.

I tried to make this bike into all things. That's why I was avoiding something like a new C14 Kawa. I love the bike, but for a commute it would get old, and it DOES take corners, but it's not a cornering machine.

So I was looking for something that could do 90% backroads and twisties and 10% cruises and touring.

The Triumph Sprint was a good choice, but wierded me out in the finances, and it was just as high and heavy as the Ninja 1200.

As far as my age, I'm physically like I was when I Was 18. I've always been fucked up. And my own ass can sit on that seat for hours and hours. It's my girlfriend that I would ask to sit on a tiny seat pad for the same amount of time, legs crouched up and hanging on.

I'm going to check out a Suzuki Marauder tomorrow to see what a Cruiser does for me.

i dropped my ninja 600 in very similar circumstances
i broke the peg off so i couldn't even drive it home

so you're getting rid of this beast huh?

I only like the Warrior out of those, and that's too much bike for me.

I'm not ready for liter plus bikes, in any config. When I get better with my stops and judgements, I'll look into it

Back