Tips N How To Change Head Gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

G_yako

Got A 94 Accord F22 Stick Tranny Ws Parked For Sometime... White Smoke Was Coming Ou... Probbly The Humidity In Da Pipe But Brought It Out To Change Oil Pan ... Drove It A Lot ... Still Smokin... Theres Some Oil By The The Vtec Solenoid.... But Always There.... I Got A Metal Radiator A Year Ago.... Instead Of The Aluminum.... U Think It Can Be That .... Rpm Keep Going Up N Down.... Can It Be Thermostat?/???? Or Just Plain Simple The Head Gasket....

If It Is How To Change The Head Gasket...

#2 Friend Got A 94 Accord Auto... Car Shuts Off After Like 1hr Of Drivin ... U Got To Let It Cool Down I Guess Like For 15 30 Min.... Can It Be The Dizzy?????

Also Check Compression All Other Says Like 140 But The #1 Cylinder
Read Like 80 Or 90..... Pulled The Distributor #1 Cylinder Out And There Was Some Oil..... Let Me Know About The Two Cars.... All Youi Pros Thanks For The Help

Both of them sound like a bad head gasket could be it.

How to change the head gasket?

Remove manifolds, disconnect all hoses and plugs from the head, take it off, inspect gasket, if it doesn't look brand new then change it. Maybe not quite that simple, but essentially that's how.

And make sure you have a factory service manual because if you over- or under- torque the head bolts it'll affect compression.

And on that second car it sounds like a bad head gasket or a bent/broken valve in cylinder 1. Take off the head and check that.

Get a factory service manual if you don't already have one it'll help you out so much.

By the way, overheating can cause the head gasket to go bad and can warp the head causing catastrophic failure if you don't hurry up and fix it. Happened to my last engine.

And after you check the head gaskets, check the cooling system and make sure that's functioning right, check the thermostat, waterpump, all lines and hoses to make sure there's no leaks. And bleed it next time you change coolant.

I had a similar problem with my d15b7 my 93' civic came with it was running hot. Coolant wasn't circulating and I ended up with a warped head and a bent valve.

liquid sealing gasket????? any1 check this

Steel Seal..... let me know what ya think should i guess this................

by the way bump.......

Uhh...I don't know about you but I sure as hell wouldn't seal my headgasket permanently. Definitely stay away from that shit unless you think your internals will last forever and trust me they won't.

ohhh s.... so this seals ur head for ever...

Uhh...I don't know about you but I sure as hell wouldn't seal my headgasket permanently. Definitely stay away from that shit unless you think your internals will last forever and trust me they won't.

but it looks effective...... now im gonna have to ask them.... how bout i gotta change internal???? thankss

Yea it says right there on the site "Permanently seals blown headgasket" ask them if that just seals the gasket itself somehow or if it permanently seals the head to the block that's rediculous.

Back