tire choice

which tire out of these is the best choice ?

• Kuhmo Ecsta 711H

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toyo Proxes FZ4

• Falken Ziex ZE-512

• Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712

• Toyo Proxes T1S

• Bridgestone Potenza S

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortbusrebel07

i'm buying a wheel and tire package here soon and i need some help making the decision on tires. i'd like a tire that is good on the street but also worthy at the track. so anyone that runs any of the tires listed above feel free to give me some imput.

the wheel size will be 15x6.5
tire size will be 195/50R15

would get 205's but the package only comes with the choice of 195's

Alright man none of those are what I would consider, well maybe the Bridgestones. Look into:
Yokohama AVS ES 100s
Kumho MXs
Falken Azenis

Personally I am going to go with the Yoko's very shortly, as they are pretty agressive have a long tread life, and hold up well in the wet/damp which we have a lot of here on the west coast.

yeah i vote for the AVS E-100's as well

my buddy has tehm on his car and they are pretty nice, if you REALLY bang the twisties you will have some awesome scoring on the sidewalls, but they are pretty sticky and overly quiet, unlike Azenis, the loudest tire ever created

god- its night and day up there.

junk to good.

out of those the s03s take my vote.
out of everything, the azenis do

the T1S is a good tire, i wasn't impressed with the S03. however i dont think my del sol will ever get anything but azenis put on it :)

thanks for the imput guys. im really in the dark when it comes to tires. i would get the azeni's, but those are the only choices the website gives me but i will look into the azeni's after i wear out the ones that are on the wheels when i get them.

if you wanna see the wheels im getting check out the link

http://www.edgeracing.com/product/bundle/i...=15&m=71&v=3550

it will show you the prices for the different packages, the price goes up with the tires.

why don't you just get some slip streams and the tires you WANT?

they look the exact damn same

i might because i didnt read the thread that erin posted till after i posted my last comment so i might get some slipstreams and the azeni's. which would be a better all around width, 195 or 205 ?

yeah go get some slips instead. you have a bigger selection on colors and they are lighter... people say they weight 11.5 but i put my on the scale and it was 10.8

Originally posted by shortbusrebel07@Feb 6 2004, 02:43 PM
i might because i didnt read the thread that erin posted till after i posted my last comment so i might get some slipstreams and the azeni's. which would be a better all around width, 195 or 205 ?

azenis only come in a 205/50/15 size

has anyone heard of GT champiro i have those on my ride are the good brand i never heard of it

I've gone through a lot of tires and what I keep going back to is the T1-S's.

They are the best tires hands-down. Excellent dry/wet traction.

I've seriously felt minimal difference in traction whether it be dry or wet.

GET THE T1-S's.. but if you don't have good alignment they'll be gone within a year (assuming that you drive everyday).

only problem with T1S is they cost a freakin arm and a leg. you can get R compound toyo's for about the same price.

I have 255mm T1-S on the 2 front wheels the on my civic, I can afford it, hate me. There the best freaking tires I've ever used, RA-1 are superb also. Toyos are expensive you must save. (Have the best alignment you can get) Thats the key to good handling for the way you drive.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Feb 6 2004, 02:54 PM-->
shortbusrebel07
@Feb 6 2004, 02:43 PM

azenis only come in a 205/50/15 size

you lie.

my civic ran with 14' azenis. need proof? i can upload pics of the invoice and tires/rims. :)

i bought a set of ES100's today.

Back